Lafarge Malaysia has a long history that goes back to 1950. Known as Malayan Cement, the company saw the need for a cement production facility that can support rebuilding and development efforts in the region following six years of destructive World War II events.
- 25 June 1951 - Construction for Rawang Works began
- 1953 - Rawang Works was completed
- 1957 - Production capacity at Rawang Works’ grew from 110,000 tonnes per annum to 240,000 tonnes per annum
- 1960 - Malayan Cement decided to go public on the Malayan Stock Exchange in 1960. The company also changed its name to Malayan Cement Berhad.
- 1964 - Construction of Kanthan Works commenced
- 1984 - Langkawi plant was commissioned and mooted by then Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad
- 1998 - Acquisition of Pan Malaysia Cement
- 2000 - Malayan Cement Berhad is the largest cement producer in Malaysia with an output of 8 million tonnes of cement per annum.
- 2001 - Lafarge Cement Group acquired Malayan Cement Berhad and its name was changed to Lafarge Malayan Cement Berhad, and subsequently to Lafarge Malaysia Berhad.
- 2014 – Opening of the first Construction Development Laboratory in South East Asia at Wisma Lafarge in Petaling Jaya
- November 2015 – Lafarge and Holcim in Malaysia completed its merger following the Group’s merger. With this merger, Holcim Malaysia became part of the Lafarge Malaysia group of companies.